This tasty vegan five bean chilli is low calorie & full of nutritional vegetables and is ideal for a mid-week supper It makes four portions, so you can either share it wth family and friends or freeze it. Add some sour cream or guacamole to serve.
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 2 peppers sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed optional
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can mixed beans drained
- 400 g can black beans drained
- pinch of sugar
- 250 g brown rice
- ½ small bunch coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and peppers for 10 mins over a medium heat until the onion is golden brown. Add the garlic, chilli and spices, fry for approx. 1 min. Pour in the tomatoes, both cans of beans, 50ml water, then add the sugar and season. Simmer, stirring regularly, for 15-20 mins until thickened.
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Serve the chilli on the rice and scatter over the coriander.
Nutritional informationper serving
439 kcal | fat 8g | saturated fat 1g |carbs 69g | sugars 10g |fibre 14g |protein |16g |salt 0.04g