Tasty vegan Easter Biscuits with allspice and cinnamon. These are ideal with your morning coffee. The biscuits can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight container
Vegan Easter Biscuits
- 200 g plain flour
- 110 g vegan butter softened – use solid butter not spreadable
- 80 g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon finely grated
- 10 g cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 70 g currants
- 1-2 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp milk
- caster or icing sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- whisk the vegan butter, sugar and lemon zest until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cornflour, baking powder and mixed spice
- Add the plain flour and currants Mix everything together using a wooden. Gradually add milk to bring the mixture together to form a ball of dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to approx. 5mm depth.
- Use a fluted 6cm round cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Place them spaced apart on the prepared baking sheets and bake for ten minutes.
- Next, mix together the maple syrup and almond milk in a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the tops of the biscuits with the maple syrup mixture and sprinkle with icing sugar then put back into the oven for five minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Put the baked biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days
Nutritional InformationPer biscuit
88.3 kcal | Fat 8.9g | Saturated Fat 6.3 g | Carbs 12.1 g | Sodium 37.7 mg | Protein 1.1 g | Fibre 0.5 g | Sugar 3.8 g