A delicious, easy to make vegan chocolate mousse, that even your non-vegan friends will love!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
A tasty, easy to make chocolate mousse that even your non vegan friends will love
- Electric whisk
- 400 ml chickpea water, aquafaba
- 185 g Vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g strawberries
- Fill a saucepan with water. Placea a heatproof bowl on top of the pan so that it fits snuggly but doesn't touch the water. Lower the heat to a very gentle simmer.
- Break up the chocolate and add to the bowl, then leave to melt for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly. Carefully remove the pan from the heat and allow the chocolate o cool a little before using
- Pour the chickpea water (aquafaba) into a medium bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form
- Fold in the melted chocolate, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir it together but be careful not to overmix
- Spoon the mixture into 4 bowls or glasses and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if possible
- When you're ready to serve the mousse, garnish with halved strawberries and enjoy!