A delicious vegan spaghetti bolognese that is easy to make. Serve with a green salad and garlic bread. great for sharing with friends. If you want you can substitute the lentils for 350g soya mince.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 400 g brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 200 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp oregano
- 350 g spaghetti, dried
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and celery for about 5 minutes until soft, add the garlic and the mushroom and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the lentils, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, the stock and the herbs. Bring to the boils. reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer for approx 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- serve with a green salad and garlic bread