A simple, thick edamame and pea soup bursting with fresh flavours. It’s also packed with fibre, plant protein, and folate, as well as being naturally low in saturated fat. The recipe is easy to make and will serve four people. An ideal lunch on a cold day!
Pea & Edamame Soup
- Hand blender
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 200 g frozen edamame beans
- 200 g frozen peas
- 500 ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g basil leaves
- 50 g watercress
- 300 ml vegan milk – no added sugar
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add the frozen soya beans, frozen peas, vegetable stock and stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the basil and watercress and Alpro Soya No Sugars and warm through for2-3 minutes. Taking care, blend with a hand blender until smooth and creamy. Season with black pepper. Serve warm with wholemeal bread or toast