A tasty vegan supper dish that is also low in calories, serve with warm pitta bread and a green salad. The recipe serves 4 people and is great for sharing
- 400 g chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped (optional)
- handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- toasted pitta bread to serve
- 200 g tub tomato salsa to serve
- green salad to serve
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, harissa paste, flour and a little salt. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden. Serve with the toasted pitta bread, tomato salsa and green salad.