These chickpea curry jacket potatoes make an easy midweek meal or filling lunch packed with lots of flavour, protein and fibre. An easy-to-make vegan lunch. Cook ahead and store in the fridge or freeze potatoes and ingredients separately
Vegan chickpea curry jacket potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger finely grated
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas drained
- lemon wedges and coriander leaves to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then put on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 mins or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min, add the onion and fry for 7-10 mins until soft.
- Put the garlic, ginger and green chilli into the pan, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the spices and tikka masala paste and cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then tip in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 mins until thickened. Season.
Nutritional informationPer serving
276 kcal| fat 9g | saturated 3g | carbs 32g | sugar 12g | fibre,11g | protein 12| salt 0.3g